Around the Web, Holiday and Getting Towards the End of the Year Edition
Peter Rollins released his short film Making Love on a pay what’s fair basis.
I continue to enjoy various YouTube channels despite the general backlash regarding YouTube’s algorithms, monetization structure and generated content. Some of my favorite channels:
- Dustin Klein
- Cody Kaiser
- Path Less Pedaled (as previously mentioned)
- Global Cycling Network
- The Vegan Cyclist
…and a bunch more that I’m not mentioning because I’m curating this list (believe it or not)…more vlogs, more tech channels, lots of Minecraft let’s play channels…this actually gave me the opportunity to clean up my subscriptions quite a bit.
Podcasts are the other form of media I most consume. I’ve decided to point to specific episodes instead of just an entire podcast itself (which means I won’t mention Roderick on the Line, possibly my favorite podcast).
- Song Exploder: Fleetwood Mac. “In this episode, Lindsey Buckingham breaks down ‘Go Your Own Way’, a song he wrote for that album about his relationship with Stevie Nicks.”
- Without Fail: Ira Glass
- All Songs Considered: How The Beatles Made ‘The White Album’
- The Peter Attia Drive: Mike Trevino: life-lessons from ultra-endurance, mindset, hard work, and removing limitations (this one is intense and about two hours long)
- Reply All: Negative Mount Pleasant
- The 21 (and Counting) Biggest Facebook Scandals of 2018.
- Literally Just A Big List Of Facebook’s 2018 Scandals.
- How Much of the Internet Is Fake? Turns Out, a Lot of It, Actually
- Why do we work so hard?