Respectable Road Club Rules (WIP)
- These are not like the Velominati rules. These are both more and less serious.
- What kit you wear does not matter.
- Tri-bikes and aero bars are verboten.
- Otherwise, what bike you ride does not matter.
- These are no-drop rides.
- That said, they will average 14-16mph, depending on terrain, weather and traffic. Do not ride if you expect to be dropped at that pace.
- Each ride shall have a leader, who will determine the route. If you are not the leader, you do not determine the route.
- Routes are optimized for interest, lack of traffic (pedestrian and motor), and often the availability of coffee. They are not optimized for your training schedule.
- However, routes will often be on roads with relatively heavy traffic. Know how to ride in traffic.
- Yield right-of-way at intersections.
- Stop at lights
- Take the lane
- Know how to handle your bike, particularly around other cyclists.
- Optimize for souplesse.
- If the weather is favorable, and the opportunity to drink coffee during the ride presents itself, it will more likely than not be taken advantage of.